How To Choose an Accident Attorney
Choosing the right accident attorney can be crucial when filing an accident claim in Texas. With years of experience serving accident victims, the experienced attorneys of the Turley Law Firm know how to represent your rights. With more than five decades of experienced handling a range of accident claims, we can help you assess your case and move forward in the best way possible.
Finding an Experienced Accident Attorney
In Dallas, finding an experienced accident attorney can be overwhelming. Though you should never make a decision about your attorney simply on the basis of someone else’s recommendation, often the best way to find a reputable lawyer is to start by looking for referrals from various sources, such as:
- Friends and acquaintances – People you know who have had positive experiences with certain attorneys can be a good starting point for finding an accident attorney.
- Other lawyers – Sometimes accident attorneys themselves can actually be a great source for referrals, especially if your case requires complex or specialized litigation.
- Referral services – Many local bar associations offer referral services that can help you widen your search. The quality of services can vary greatly however, so be sure to find out more about the qualifications of the referral service being provided.
Once you have made a selection of potential attorneys, meet with them in person to be sure that you are choosing an attorney with whom you feel both comfortable and confident.
Questions to Ask Your Accident Attorney
To find out if an accident attorney right for you and your claim, a personal interview is critical. Find out important information by asking questions such as:
- How long have you been in practice?
- What percentage of your practice involves accident claims?
- Do you most often represent plaintiffs or defendants? (Accident attorneys with plaintiff experience can often provide a better and more unbiased service than those who primarily represent defendants like insurance companies.)
- Will you personally handle my case, or will someone else?
- How do you plan to handle my claim?
Along with finding answers to these questions, your overall impression should help you make your final decision.
With more than 40 of experience representing accident victims, our highly professional and dedicated attorneys invite you to schedule a free consultation by calling the Turley Law Firm at 214-691-4025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.