Aviation Accident Lawyers
The Turley Law Firm has a distinguished history of litigation in cases involving aircraft, including successfully arguing that the ability to withstand a crash (crashworthiness) should be a factor in passenger airplane design. Our Dallas accident attorneys have tried aviation cases throughout the United States and internationally, and we can help you recover the compensation you deserve after being injured in a plane crash.
You can learn about your rights and options after an aviation accident by speaking with one of our attorneys in person. Please call the Turley Law Firm today at 214-691-4025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Aviation Accidents – Negligence
Since 1973, our firm has been ready for trial in cases involving a broad assortment of aircraft, including:
- Commercial and passenger planes
- Hot air balloons
- Hang gliders
- General aviation aircraft
- Military aircraft
Aerial vehicles require special skill and training to operate properly. If a pilot or other party involved in the operation of the aircraft commits a serious error, it can lead to the crash of the vehicle itself and injure multiple passengers.
We have tried multiple aviation accident cases stemming from negligence and product defects such as:
- Insufficient pilot attention to air speed and weather conditions
- Hitting power lines, wires, or other above-ground obstacles
- Midair collisions (due to pilot error, ground control error, or a combination of the two)
- Improper fueling, maintenance, or other negligence on the part of a fixed-base operator
- Design that induce crashes and enhance injuries
During your free consultation, our experienced attorneys will evaluate your case, answer your questions, and discuss next steps.
Common Causes of Aviation Accidents
According to the National Safety Council, the odds of dying in an aviation accident are 1 in 7,229. In contrast, the odds of dying in a car are 1 in 415. Despite their safety, planes crash every year, with catastrophic consequences. The most common causes of aviation accidents include:
- Pilot error: The majority of crashes include some type of pilot error. Pilots must safely takeoff and land, swiftly respond to mechanical and weather challenges, and navigate through varying conditions. They are trained and expected to perform these duties safely.
- Mechanical error: The second most common cause of aviation accidents is mechanical error. Design or manufacturing flaws in wings, rudders, structural integrity, and control systems can have disastrous results.
- Weather: Even with the most diligent pilots, weather, especially lightning, can be an insurmountable danger. A lightning strike can temporarily blind a pilot, cause electrical failure, or ignite fuel tanks.
- Other Human Error: These types of accidents comprise air traffic control, fuel, and cargo- loading related mistakes.
Aircraft Defects in Aviation Accident Cases
Some plane crashes and other aviation accidents aren’t caused exclusively by human error. Product liability cases involving aircraft could require legal action against manufacturers or those responsible for safe maintenance.
Large aviation corporations retain their own legal teams, making it all the more important to trust your accident case to experienced attorneys with a history of success. The Turley Law Firm can pursue compensation for victims harmed in aviation accidents caused by defects including:
- Lack of crashworthiness
- Defective engines, computer systems, fuel systems, landing gear, and other components
- Seatbelt or safety harness failure
- Failure of latches on overhead storage compartments
From single-plane accidents to mass air disasters, the Turley Law Firm has over 50 years of experience taking action against small private charter companies and major corporate airlines alike. When you bring your aircraft case to us, we will act as a dedicated legal resource and source of personal support for you and your family in the wake of the accident.
Commercial Aviation Accidents
Recent years have been the safest in aviation history. However, when commercial aircraft accidents do occur, they typically result in a significant number of fatalities and traumatic injuries. In addition, these cases can potentially involve multiple negligent parties.
Commercial aircraft accidents can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims and their families. Untangling the complexities of commercial aircraft litigation, which involve jurisdictional, legal, and insurance considerations, can be overwhelming.
The experienced aviation accident attorneys at the Turley Law Firm will examine every aspect of your case to ensure your compensation reflects the true extent of your loss. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
Experienced Aviation Accident Lawyers
The Turley Law Firm has a reputable 50-year history of trying both national and international aviation cases. Our board certified injury lawyers have extensive experience handling these complex cases, and we are dedicated to fighting for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Please contact the Turley Law Firm using the form on this page or call 214-691-4025 or email email@example.com today to schedule your free aviation accident consultation. We serve clients throughout the United States.