Violent crime is a reality we face every day. It can leave the survivors with permanent devastating physical and mental injuries. For the families of those lost to the violent acts of others, it can rob children, husbands, wives, and parents of a loved one who was taken too soon.
Because violent crime is a foreseeable risk, individuals and organizations can and must take action to prevent crime on their properties, at their events, and crimes perpetrated by their employees. Our Dallas injury attorneys have extensive experience representing victims and families of those harmed by criminal conduct.
At the Turley Law Firm, our lawyers are dedicated to Integrity, Experience, and Compassion. Please call 214-691-4025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private discussion about your case. We help crime victims and their families in Texas and throughout the United States.
Types of Crime Victims We Have Assisted
Our personal injury attorneys assist victims, survivors, and their families after suffering many different types of criminal conduct. Our clients were victims of:
- Assaults with deadly weapons (guns, knives, machetes, vehicles)
- Car jacking
- Sexual assaults
- Human trafficking
- Sexual abuse
Who Is Responsible?
Beyond the criminal perpetrator, individuals and organizations who controlled the location where the crime occurred, controlled the weapons used in the crime, or controlled the criminal, may be liable.
Crime is predictable. There are locations and businesses that are at a higher risk for crime such as:
- Check cashing stores
- Apartment complexes
- Stores in high crime areas
- Hotels and resorts
- School campuses
Who have you sued?
Our personal injury attorneys have sued businesses, organizations, and individuals who were responsible for the criminal conduct that harmed our clients. Some of these cases include:
- Big box stores that hired employees with violent criminal histories and ultimately attacked customers
- Check cashing stores that kept employees behind bulletproof glass and provided no security for customers despite prior robberies
- Apartment complexes with inadequate lighting, broken gates, and inadequate security
- Individuals who left their guns easily accessible to others with criminal history and substance abuse addictions
What types of injuries and damages can I recover for?
Violent crimes can cause devastating physical and mental injuries. Some of the injuries and damages we see and can seek recovery for in these cases include:
- Wrongful death
- Permanent physical impairment
- Lost wages
- Permanent physical disfigurement
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
What Should I Expect?
At Turley Law Firm, your attorney will review your case with you and identify those who may be responsible beyond the criminal perpetrator. Your attorney will work on identifying the prior history of crime at the location or with that organization, what precautions were taken to prevent foreseeable crime, and what precautions they should have taken.