How to Avoid Pedestrian Accidents in Texas
Pedestrian safety is a significant concern, especially in bustling areas like Dallas and other major cities in Texas and nationwide. Pedestrian accidents in rural areas, although less common, are also statistically significant, leading to over 1,000 deaths and thousands of injuries every year. As a leading personal injury law firm serving clients in Texas and throughout the United States, Turley Law Firm is all too familiar with the consequences of pedestrian accidents on victims and their families. If you or a loved one were hurt in a crash caused by another’s negligence, call Turley Law Firm in Dallas for help from a team of experienced and successful Texas personal injury attorneys.
Understanding the Risk of Pedestrian Accidents in Dallas, Texas
Texas, with its expanding urban areas and busy streets, has seen a concerning rise in pedestrian accidents over the past several years. The Lone Star State saw 828 pedestrian fatalities in 2022, nearly a quarter percent increase over 2021, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. In Dallas, the combination of heavy traffic, diverse neighborhoods, and a growing population makes pedestrian safety a top priority. Understanding the risks and taking proactive steps is essential for both pedestrians and drivers to coexist safely.
For Drivers: Key Responsibilities
- Stay Vigilant: Be especially cautious in areas with high pedestrian traffic, such as school zones and residential neighborhoods.
- Yield to Pedestrians: Yield the right of way to pedestrians at crosswalks and intersections, as required by Texas law.
- Reduce Speed: Slow down in pedestrian-heavy areas and be prepared to stop.
- Avoid Distractions: Keep your full attention on the road. Avoid using your phone or engaging in other distracting activities while driving.
- Be Patient: Understand that pedestrians, especially children or the elderly, may require more time to cross the road. If a car ahead of you has stopped, consider that a pedestrian might be crossing the street before deciding to change lanes and overtake the stopped vehicle.
The Role of Legal Support After an Accident
Injuries can still occur because of another party’s negligence or lack of care or attention. If you or a loved one is involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s crucial to seek legal support. At Turley Law Firm, we have been representing injury victims throughout Texas for 50 years, ensuring they receive the compensation and justice they deserve.
When should you contact a law firm? While some insurance claims can be resolved without legal help if the damages are minor, a pedestrian accident rarely is. Contact a personal injury lawyer if you’ve been injured or suffered a loss due to a pedestrian accident. Whether negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company or litigating the case in court, an attorney can help secure fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Experienced personal injury lawyers can help you understand the full extent of your damages and the value of your claim, which is something the insurance company is not likely to do.
Contact Turley Law Firm After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas
For legal assistance after a pedestrian accident in Texas, contact Turley Law Firm in Dallas. You can reach us online or call 214-691-4025 or email email@example.com today to schedule your free consultation. Our passionate Dallas attorneys serve clients throughout Texas and multiple Southern and Southwestern states and are ready to assist you with your case and ensure your rights are protected.