Close Menu
Turley Law Firm - Ready for trial since 1973
Schedule a FREE Consultation Today!
Hablamos Español
Call / Text 214-691-4025

For auto accident injuries, what compensation can you request?

If you have been injured in a car accident or lost a loved one, you may have the option of filing a personal lawsuit for compensation for your damages from the “at-fault” party. But what sort of damages can a Dallas, Texas, resident file a personal injury lawsuit for?

Let’s start with personal injury. If you have been in a car accident in which another party was at fault, what you may be entitled to recover would depend on the type of injuries or damages suffered and the severity. Below are some of the things you might be entitled to compensation for:

  • Medical expenses
  • >Future medical expenses
  • Household or yard services (if you can no longer do these things)
  • Mental suffering
  • >Loss of consortium
  • Lost wages or the ability to earn a living going forward
  • Loss of the ability to enjoy life
  • Pain and suffering

If you have lost a family member, you and your family may be entitled to:

  • Medical or burial expenses
  • Loss of companionship

There may also be other special damages that are unique to your situation. You may want to make a list to convey to your attorney of all of the ways in which your injury or loss of a family member has affected your life.

Your attorney may also be able to help you explore the accident to ensure all “at-fault” parties are identified. For instance, in addition to a reckless driver, a poorly designed roadway may be at fault. This might make the county or city responsible. Auto defects could also be the cause, where the manufacturer is at fault. It is often worth the exploration to get to the root cause of an accident.

Source: FindLaw, “Economic Recovery for Accidents and Injuries” Nov. 17, 2014

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Turley Law Firm. All rights reserved.