Do I have a Premises Liability Case?
In Dallas, a premises liability attorney deals with cases from almost every type of public space or structure, including construction sites, hotels, swimming pools and amusement parks. If you’ve been injured during a fire, slip and fall accident or physical assault resulting from insufficient security, it’s critical to understand who is liable for your injury.
In any premises liability claim, your first step should be to contact an experienced lawyer at The Turley Law Firm to discuss the merits of your case. In order to successfully establish the liability of a property owner or manager, you must prove the following elements:
- You were not trespassing, but entered the property with the expressed or implied knowledge of the defendant.
- The defendant exercises control over the property.
- A condition existed on the property that posed an unreasonable risk of harm.
- The defendant was aware, or reasonably should have been aware, of the danger posed on the premises.
- The defendant failed to both:
- Properly warn you of the danger.
- Make the condition relatively safe.
- The defendant’s breach imminently caused your injury.
If you have been injured due to dangerous conditions on someone’s property, contact our Dallas premises liability attorney by calling (214) 691-4025 or by completing the form on this page to schedule a free consultation. The Turley Law Firm serves clients from Dallas, Fort Worth and throughout the nation.