Dallas Premises Liability Attorneys
As the lawful visitor to a private residence, shop or big box store, you have the right to a safe experience. Under the law, property owners have certain obligations to these lawful visitors, chief among them keeping the property and any buildings on it safe.
However, many property owners fail to live up to these obligations, and when they do, you can suffer a personal injury. These injuries, which can be severe, debilitating and financially devastating, are handled through the premises liability system.
The Turley Law Firm’s Dallas premises liability lawyers have decades of experience helping victims like you pursue justice and compensation for injuries suffered as a result of negligence from property owners. We fight for victims.
If you’ve been hurt in the Dallas, Texas area and need an experienced premises Dallas liability lawyer, please call The Turley Law Firm today at 214-691-4025 for a free consultation.
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims
When looking for an attorney to represent you in the aftermath of your devastating injury, it’s important to find a lawyer with experience in premises liability law. Specifically, you need to ensure that the firm you choose has a proven track record of successfully pursuing cases that are relevant to your accidents.
Here are three common types of premises liability claims we handle:
- Negligent Security: Owners and franchisees of large stores and businesses are obligated to provide sufficient security personnel and equipment to keep the property and facility safe. When owners fail to do so, visitors can suffer property theft, physical violence and, sadly, sexual assault. In these cases, you have the right to pursue compensation for the horrible experience you suffered.
- Defective stairways: Everyone understands that a stairway can be dangerous, especially if it’s left un-maintained. Property owners must ensure that staircases are well-maintained and properly lit. If they aren’t, innocent victims can trip and fall, resulting in broken bones and other serious injuries.
- Hotel and amusement park accidents: Owners of hotels and amusement parks need to ensure that their facilities are safe. They need to provide sufficient security, keep facilities well-maintained and well-lit and generally keep up on all of the facility’s needs. Sadly, owners of these facilities sometimes cut corners on important elements such as fire suppression systems. These decisions can result in tragedy.
This is obviously not a comprehensive list of premises liability claims. But it does illustrate some of the dangers that come from poorly maintained facilities.
Slip and Fall Accidents
One of the most common premises liability claims is the slip and fall accident. We know through decades of experience that these cases are quite serious. Slip and falls can result in severe injuries and in truly tragic cases, paralysis.
Slip and fall accidents have many common causes, including:
- Failure to clear dead leaves or dry a wet walkway
- Poorly maintained carpeting causing a tripping hazard
- Poor lighting
Preventing slip and fall injuries requires diligence on the part of a property owner. The individual responsible for the upkeep of a building or piece of property needs to ensure that all walkways and stairways provide sure footing for visitors.
As the victim of a property owner’s negligence, you have the right to pursue justice and compensation for your injuries. You did nothing wrong, and you still suffered a severe personal injury. It’s only right that the person responsible carry the burden of their mistakes.
Understanding the Basics of Premises Liability Cases
The following infographic provides a basic overview of premises liability claims:
If you need an experienced premises liability lawyer in the Dallas, Texas areas, please call The Turley Law Firm today at (214) 691-4025 for a free consultation.