5 Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident can cause traumatic physical injuries that endure for years. As a result, our skilled Dallas slip and fall lawyer has helped those injured seek compensation for medical expenses, physical pain and emotional suffering.
When a property owner allows unsafe conditions to develop on his property, a person who is subsequently injured can seek out monetary compensation for any injuries sustained due to the property owner’s dangerous premises.
Property owners should address any of the common factors that can lead to potentially hazardous conditions and possible accidents. Common causes of slip and fall accidents which lead to injuries include:
- Unnecessary clutter: Cords, wires, boxes and debris in walkways can go unnoticed until someone trips over the object.
- Inadequate lighting: It is difficult to see potential hazards when a walkway is inadequately lit.
- Uneven steps or floors: Floors can have dents, carpets can ripple and pavement can crack. All of these hazards are potential dangers to pedestrians.
- Weather conditions: Property owners can’t control the weather, but they can be diligent about responding to rain water that is tracked onto floors and ice that accumulates outside.
- Spills on floors: When water, grease and food aren’t quickly cleaned up from floors, people may easily slip on the wet surfaces.
If you live in Dallas and have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of a property owner, our experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you attain the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact the Turley Law Firm today at (214) 691-4025 to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve clients in Fort Worth and throughout Texas.