2015’s Product Recall Trends
Since 1973, our Dallas product liability attorney, Windle Turley, has been advocating for individuals and families who have been injured by defective products. When going up against a large corporation, you want a lawyer who is familiar with the investigation and complexities of a product liability case.
Every day, we face risks of dangerous and defective products. The following list comprises the product recall trends so far this year, in 2015’s first quarter:
- Consumer Products: So far this year, the Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled 57 consumer products, including HVAC equipment, home furnishings and fixtures, personal-use items and safety products.
- Pharmaceutical/Drug: Although Pharmaceutical recalls in the first quarter of 2015 were the lowest in three years, there were still 44 recalls of pharmaceuticals, involving 1.7 million units.
- Medical Device: 252 medical devices have been recalled this quarter, affecting more than 82 million units.
- Automotive: Airbags have been the leading cause of automotive recalls this year, continuing last year’s record-busting trend. 2015 has already seen 182 automotive recalls, averaging about two per day.
- Food: More than 19 million food items have been recalled by the Food and Drug Administration this year, involving a total of 121 recalls. Allergens, including undeclared peanut allergens, comprised a large percentage of this statistic.
- Meat and Poultry: In charge of regulating poultry, meat, and egg products, the USDA recalled 121 products in the first quarter of 2015.
To learn how our Dallas product liability attorney can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve following an injury due to a defective product, contact the Turley Law Firm today by calling 214-691-4025 or by completing the form on this page for a free evaluation of your case. We represent clients from Dallas, Fort Worth, and throughout the nation.