Over the course of his 40-year career, Dallas injury lawyer Windle Turley has helped thousands of clients get the justice they deserve. Your rights and well-being are important to everyone at the Turley Law Firm, which is why we’d like to remind you that June is National Safety Month.
This year’s theme, as chosen by the National Safety Council, is “What I live For,” and it focuses on five key safety areas:
- Prescription painkiller abuse: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 44 Americans fatally overdose from prescription painkillers every day. Seek immediate help if you think you may have a problem.
- Transportation safety: It is necessary to stay alert in any transportation scenario, whether you are traveling by bicycle, automobile, or commercial aircraft. Paying close attention to your surrounding environment and fellow travelers can make the difference between a safe or tragic excursion.
- Ergonomics: Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) affect the nerves, muscles and tendons of the neck, upper extremities and lower back. OSHA recommends involving workers and management to identify ergonomic workplace problems. Once solutions have been implemented, it is critical to evaluate progress.
- Emergency preparedness: For any situation, it’s good to know your risks and have a plan for emergencies. At home, compiling an easily-accessible emergency kit is a great idea. Basic supply kits can include water, food, first aid materials, a flashlight and extra batteries.
- Slips, trips and falls: Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of injury-related deaths for adults age 65 and older, reports the National Safety Council. Ensuring rooms are spill and clutter-free, adequately lit and easy to navigate can reduce your odds of this common danger.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need to know your rights. Dallas injury lawyer Windle Turley can review your case and pursue compensation on your behalf. Please contact the Turley Law Firm today by completing the form on this page, or by calling (214) 691-4025 for a free consultation. We proudly serve clients in Dallas and throughout Texas.