What Should I Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in America, with slip and fall accidents representing over one-million, or 12 percent, of total falls. If you are a member of this unfortunate statistic, Dallas slip and fall attorney Windle Turley can help you get compensated for medical bills, lost time at work and other damages to which you may be entitled.
The actions you take immediately after a slip and fall accident are critical to building a successful case. Here are 5 steps to take following your slip and fall accident:
- Seek medical attention. Hospital-documented injuries provide proof of your medical bills.
- Document the accident. Obtain a written accident report from a store manager, landlord or other responsible party. Take photographs documenting the exact place where you fell, including any contributing factors such as steps, handrails or ice.
- Collect witness information. Get the names, phone numbers, and addresses of anyone who witnessed the accident or the contributing factors that led to it.
- Preserve relevant evidence. Save the shoes and clothing you were wearing, unwashed and untouched, in a safe storage place.
- Call the Turley Law Firm. When considering legal action, our Dallas slip and fall attorney has the experience and expertise to help you fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you have slipped and been injured in someone’s home, public space or other dangerous premises, contact the Turley Law Firm today by calling (214) 691-4025 or by completing the form on this page to schedule your free consultation. We welcome clients from Dallas, Fort Worth and throughout the United States.