Construction Accident Lawyers
Providing Representation to Dallas, Plano, Richardson & nearby areas of Texas
Construction is hard work, and the job can go from difficult to dangerous when somebody in the company decides to sacrifice worker safety. If you or a family member has been injured in a construction site accident, our personal injury attorneys can help.
The Turley Law Firm has been helping injured construction workers in the Dallas area pursue compensation for over 40 years. We have extensive experience handling a wide range of construction accident cases, and we understand the devastating injuries that occur when property owners, construction companies and site foremen act negligently. Our lawyers will fight aggressively to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
You can learn about your legal rights and options by speaking with one of our construction accident lawyers in person. Please call (214) 691-4025 today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Construction Site Accidents
A construction site could have power tools, large machinery, volatile chemicals, and any number of other hazards. Safety procedures are in place to prevent many common construction site accidents, but the pressure to save time and money can put innocent workers at risk of being hurt or even killed.
Our accident attorneys have experience trying construction claims in Texas and throughout the Southwest, including accident cases involving:
- Structural collapses
- Scaffold or ladder injuries
- Severe burns
- Trench cave-ins
- Barricade accidents
Organizations like OSHA require employers to follow specific guidelines for maintaining safety in construction sites and other workplaces. Failure to follow the rules exposes workers to unnecessary harm.
Frequently Occurring Construction Accidents
Working with dangerous machinery at dizzying heights is a perilous reality for construction professionals. Construction companies know the dangers that are most likely to result in work-related accidents, and they have a responsibility to practice due diligence to prevent worker injury and wrongful death.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that eliminating the construction industry’s "Fatal Four" most common workplace accidents could save nearly 500 workers’ lives in America every year.
The "Fatal Four" include:
- Falls from heights: Many construction workers spend their days high off the ground. Whether on ladders, on scaffolding or on rooftops, every construction worker requires safety equipment that adequately ensures that he or she avoids injury.
- Struck by an object: When construction workers aren’t completing tasks above ground, they are frequently laboring beneath other workers and equipment. The risk of being struck by a falling tool, machine or material is high and common.
- Electrocutions: Electrocution isn’t a risk limited only to electricians. All construction workers operate in close proximity of exposed wires, power lines, and pools of water capable of carrying electrical current.
- Caught-in/between: Heavy machinery and enormous steel plates are essential to construction projects, but when safety precautions are inadequate, the risk of being crushed between these materials is grave.
Other common construction accidents include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: With the amount of heavy lifting, hauling and transporting in construction areas, it’s no surprise that many construction site accidents involve some form of vehicular issue.
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall accidents are frequent on construction sites. In fact, practically no job is immune from the threat of slips and falls. However, with proper training and adequate safety equipment, these mishaps can be avoided.
- Trench collapses: Construction areas often harbor trenches for working with foundations, conduits, utilities, and other necessary elements of the job. When these trenches are not sufficiently restrained, workers can be buried.
Any one of these accidents can result in a wide range of potential injuries, including:
Defective Products on Construction Sites
Some serious construction accidents are caused by faulty tools, machines, and other items. Our lawyers can build a defective product case on your behalf for injuries caused by:
- Safety harness failures
- Poor insulation on electrical wires
- Crane collapses
- Unsafe vehicle designs for trucks, forklifts, bulldozers, and other equipment
- Saw blade malfunctions
- Chemical and fuel leaks
Construction site safety often requires multiple components to work properly at the same time, like a machine. If a workplace product is improperly designed or manufactured, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Compensation in Construction Site Accidents
Some construction workers are the sole wage earner for their whole family. If you get hurt on the job, even a moderate amount of time off work can be a hardship for you and your loved ones.
Our attorneys can build a strong personal injury case on your behalf for the compensation you deserve after a construction site accident. You might be able to recover damages such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, if your employer, manager, or an outside party was grossly negligent
Contact our Dallas Construction Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident caused by the negligence of another, please contact the Turley Law Firm using the form on this page or call (214) 691-4025 today to schedule your free consultation. We serve clients in the Dallas metropolitan area, including Plano and Richardson, Texas.