The scene of an automobile accident can be scary and frantic; something that you won't soon forget. Although that may be true, our Dallas accident attorney understands that recalling the details of a traumatic experience can be difficult. Taking comprehensive notes at the accident scene can help.
The first thing you should do after a car or truck accident is make sure everyone is okay and seek any necessary medical attention. Then document the details. Smart phones are useful as digital cameras to capture images of the accident and its consequences. Take pictures from all angles of the vehicles involved, as well as of the scene.
You should also write down the things that happen. If you find yourself in court later down the road, notes will be very useful in jogging what can be a foggy memory. This is especially true because there are emotions and adrenaline accompanying an accident.
Answer these questions in your notes:
- How did the accident happen?
- What were you doing as it happened?
- Was the driver distracted?
- Who was involved? Document complete contact information and eyewitness accounts.
- Describe the time, place, weather and any other environmental factors.
- Describe your account of the accident, including what you saw, heard, and felt.
- Document witness accounts.
- Is there anything at the scene you may have missed?
- How are you feeling immediately after the accident?
- How have you felt in the hours and days following the accident? Write down any pain, injuries, anxiety, or loss of sleep.
- Has this accident made you miss work, meetings, class, family/social events, or vacation?
- What costs resulted from this accident? Make sure to keep documentation whenever possible.
Contact The Turley Law Firm as soon as you can and always remember to keep all medical paperwork and bills that result from the accident.
If you have been involved in a wreck, contact our Dallas accident attorney by completing the form on this page or calling 214-691-4025 to schedule a free consultation. We welcome clients from Fort Worth and throughout Texas.